You can configure the tax application in your POS basket on row level by removing the tax on your selected rows. This function is controlled by a local setting on your Brightpearl POS which is only accessible to POS store managers.
How to configure your POS to allow or disallow removing the tax on basket row level
- Slide from left to right to reveal the menu.
- Tap on Settings.
- Enter your passcode.
- Under General, make your selection at Tax adjustments.
How to remove the tax on basket row level
- To do that, start by adding items in your basket.
- Then swipe from right to left on the item row you would like to have the tax removed.
- Tap on Remove tax.
- If you get the following message, then the tax removal per item row has not been configured as ON in your POS store. Please refer to the previous section.
- If your configuration allows it, then you'll see that POS has removed the tax from the related row (if the POS store is tax-inclusive). The total tax, the tax breakdown (if more than one tax codes are used) and the grand total are updated.
- When a basket row's tax is removed, the associated tax code that POS will be submitting to Brightpearl for this line will be N (non taxable) for US accounts and T9 for EU accounts.
- This feature is available only while POS has wi-fi connection.
- When items from a sale where their tax code is removed are returned, POS will still keep the 0 tax applied (not allowing the user to change it).
- When items from a sale are being refunded, the option for the user to remove the tax of an item which was originally sold with tax is available.