The Brightpearl Payments app allows you to connect your Stripe payment gateway to Brightpearl. This will enable you to process:
- Back office (MOTO) payments
- Receive payments against sales orders - authorize and capture later or authorize/capture immediately
- Capture authorizations - manually or automatically on shipping
- Refund a payment processed via the app
- Create on account payments against customers
- Payments made using "pay now" links in quotes, orders and invoices which are emailed to customers.
Each staff member who will be processing payments using Stripe will need to be added within the permissions section of the configuration process.
How to set up and configure Stripe with Brightpearl
- To connect Stripe to Brightpearl you will need the following details from your Stripe account, which can be found at Your account > API keys:
Test secret key
Test publishable key
Live secret key
Live Publishable key
- Enter your Stripe API key details and make the following choices:
Require AVS: This will enforce the use of address validation when processing payments.
Require CVC: This makes it required that the CVC code is entered each time a card payment is taken, including when a saved card is being used.
Sandbox: If you want to process test transactions check this option. This will allow you to use test card details and not make any real transactions, but see the functionality in Brightpearl.
- Save to connect the app to your payment provider. If it is not possible to establish a connection a message will be displayed. Please check your details have been entered correctly and try again
- Once a connection is established make your configuration choices:
Transaction type: Choose between authorise and capture later, authorise and capture or allow the user to choose for each transaction.
Auto-capture: Choose whether you want payment to be automatically captured when the first shipment is made. Stripe only support capturing payment in full.
Save card details: Choose whether customer card details used for processing transactions are saved for future use.
- Before the app can be used you will also need to set the permissions and specify which staff members can process each transaction type. In the configuration window, select the Permissions tab.
If you have previously configured a different payment gateway with the app, you can choose to copy the permissions and then make any amendments.
- Save the permissions to complete the configuration.
- Close the configuration window.
You are now ready to begin using the Brightpearl Payments app. When the payment method is selected to pay sales orders in Brightpearl, the payment processing window will automatically be displayed.