The Brightpearl Payments app allows you to connect your USAePay payment gateway to Brightpearl. This will enable you to process:
- Back office (MOTO) payments
- Receive payments against sales orders - authorize and capture later or authorize/capture immediately
- Capture authorizations in full or in part - manually or automatically on shipping
- Refund a payment processed via the app
- Process a miscellaneous refund against a sales credit
- Create on account payments against customers
- Payments made using "pay now" links in quotes, orders and invoices which are emailed to customers.
Each staff member who will be processing payments using USAePay will need to be added within the permissions section of the configuration process.
How to set up and configure USAePay with Brightpearl
- Continued from the steps here.
- To connect USAePay to Brightpearl you will need an API key from your USAePay account, which can be generated at Settings > Source Keys.
- Enter your Worldpay API key details
- Save to connect the app to your payment provider. If it is not possible to establish a connection a message will be displayed. Please check your details have been entered correctly and try again
- Once a connection is established make your configuration choices:
Transaction type: Choose between authorize only, authorize and capture or allow the user to choose for each transaction.
Automatically capture: When using a transaction type of "Authorise and capture later" or "User select" you will be able to choose how auth only payments are captured. Check this box to have auth payments automatically captured when a goods-out note is marked as shipped. Leave it unchecked and all auths will have to be manually captured (can be done in bulk).
Capture partial amounts: When auto-capture of payments on shipping is used, check this box to capture only the payment amount for the items shipped. Leave unchecked to capture the payment in full with the first shipment.
Order status for failed capture: If a payment fails to be captured the order will be placed on this status.
Save card details: Choose whether customer card details used for processing transactions are saved for future use.
- Before the app can be used you will also need to set the permissions and specify which staff members can process each transaction type. In the configuration window, select the Permissions tab.
If you have previously configured a different payment gateway with the app, you can choose to copy the permissions and then make any amendments.
- Save the permissions to complete the configuration.
- Close the configuration.
You are now ready to begin using the Brightpearl Payments app. When the payment method is selected to pay sales orders in Brightpearl, the payment processing window will automatically be displayed.