New and updated data is fetched and posted between Brightpearl and Xero automatically every 30 minutes. Synchronization may also be triggered manually from within the connector interface.
Order of syncs
The connector uses cron jobs to fetch data from one system then post it to the other. Every 30 minutes, these jobs will run in the following sequence:
- Fetch new and updated products from Brightpearl
- Fetch new and updated customers and vendors from Brightpearl
- Fetch purchase orders and credits that have reached the mapped status from Brightpearl
- Post new vendor bills and credit notes to Xero (also create and update vendors and products where required)
- Fetch new payments and refunds against previously synced bills and credits from Xero
- Post purchase payments and refunds against orders and credits in Brightpearl
- Fetch sales orders and credits that have reached the mapped status from Brightpearl
- Post new sales invoices and credit notes to Xero (also create and update customers and products where required)
- Fetch sales payments and refunds from Brightpearl
- Post payments and refunds against invoices and credits in Xero
- Fetch new sales payments and refunds against previously synced invoices and credits from Xero
- Post new sales payments and refunds against orders and credits in Brightpearl
- Fetch inventory adjustments from Brightpearl
- Post inventory adjustments to Xero
Note: New products and contacts are fetched when the job runs, but they are only posted to Xero when the first document requiring them is posted, such as an invoice.
As these jobs run automatically, it is not required to trigger them manually unless as part of testing or troubleshooting.
The sync status of each record can be viewed in the connector by navigating to the relevant screen, e.g. select the Contacts menu item from the left-hand panel to view the status of customers/suppliers fetched from Brightpearl. This will take you to a listing screen showing various details including this status.
|Pending||The data has been fetched from Brightpearl and is pending posting to Xero|
|Sent||The data has been successfully sent to Xero|
|Updated||The data has been updated in Brightpearl and is pending posting to Xero|
|Error||An error has occurred syncing the data from Brightpearl to Xero|
|Archive||The data has been set to archived in the connector|
The option to manually force a sync is typically only used when testing the integration or if there is a need to push data immediately.
To perform a manual sync, select the record type from the left-hand menu of the web app, i.e. products, contacts, sales invoices, sales credits, purchase invoices, purchase credits, or inventory adjustments.
You will see Fetch and Post buttons at the top right of the screen. These options will fetch and post all new/updated data for this record type.
Alternatively, this can be done at a line level (i.e. to sync a particular record) using the buttons found in the Tools drop-down under the Actions header.