WMS allows you to ‘over receive’ - you can enable or disable this option this under Settings > Deliveries.
Perhaps there are 10 on order but the supplier has made a mistake and sent 11. Over received rows are colored yellow. Over-received inventory will be pushed into Brightpearl and the relevant Purchase Order row will show more received than was ordered.
To do this:
- Create a new delivery
- Associate the delivery to the PO you're receiving
- Scan the products. If you've scanned more products than were on the PO, you'll see the yellow lines at this point.
- Add a comment and Park the delivery. We recommend you also change delivery status to something that denotes a discrepancy.
Checking parked deliveries should be part of a manager’s daily tasks. As a manager, you'll need to take the following steps to update the system correctly:
- In Brightpearl, update the associated Purchase Order to match the received quantity
- Return to WMS deliveries list and find the associated delivery
- Select the delivery and click 'Update associations' on the delivery list (or use Update order on the delivery screen) to get the latest order information from Brightpearl.
Perhaps 10 of an item were on order but the supplier has made a mistake and sent only 9. Rows that are not yet fully received are colored red. You can update Brightpearl with only the items you've scanned in using the Receive Selection button.
You should add a comment and change the status of the delivery to an appropriate status. If the remainder of the PO arrives in a seperate delivery, you should create a new delivery and handle it in exactly the same way.
You may also wish to split these items to a new Purchase Order in Brightpearl to allow them to be received independently at a later date.
Finally, WMS allows operators to receive products that are not on POs in the delivery. This could be where a supplier substitution is acceptable; the supplier has sent a pink instead of a red for example. When in the delivery
To maintain complete integrity of WMS and channel, we recommend that in the event of these situations the WA adds a note and then parks the delivery, changing the status to something appropriate. In that way, a supervisor or manager can review issues and resolve accordingly. Then the order, received quantities via WMS and supplier invoices will always match.
Resolving quantity differences and substitutions
In order to keep WMS and Brightpearl accurate, it’s important to ensure that delivery quantities in WMS match the order quantities in Brightpearl. When there’s a discrepancy in WMS, use the delivery status to inform a manager. The associated Brightpearl order(s) need to be updated to match the delivery. Once item quantities match, set the delivery in WMS back to Receiving, select it on the deliveries list and choose Update associations.