Most warehouses try and process goods out notes in batches for increased efficiency.
It's wise to group goods out notes based on sensible values - for example, do all goods out notes with priority next day shipping a batch first, before moving onto the next shipping method.
Once a goods out note is in a batch, it cannot be added to any other batches. You’ll get a warning message if you attempt to batch process it along with any others.
Adding goods out notes to a batch
You can add goods notes to a batch from the goods out notes list, under Goods out > Notes.
Simply select the goods notes you want to add to a batch and click Print, Pick or Pack. You will be prompted to add the goods out note to a batch before performing the action.
Alternatively, you can click More actions > Batch.
When creating the batch, you will be prompted to give it a unique reference and assign it to a staff member or team.
Removing a goods out note from a batch
The "break from batch" functionality can be used to remove a troublesome goods out note from a batch if there’s no stock, if there’s a problem with the delivery address or any other matter.
You might want to flag the goods out note and add a comment too. Someone else (or you at a later time) can then filter to show flagged goods out notes and work through them to find a solution.
- Open the Goods out > Notes list and find your goods out note
- Select it, and from the More actions button choose "Break from batch"
"Merge batches" can be used if you want to bring two or more batches together.
- Go to Goods out > Batches and select the batches you want to merge.
- Click the "Merge batches" button at the top of the screen.
- Choose which batch to retain as the "target batch" - the others will be merged into this batch.
- Click the "Merge" button.