Drop-shipping is where the supplier is asked to deliver the goods directly to the customer.
In Brightpearl, this process always begins with a sales order which is then fulfilled to a purchase order instead of a goods-out note. The purchase order is linked to the original sale.
How to create a drop-ship purchase order
In order to be able to create drop-ship purchase orders, you will first need to activate partial/advanced fulfillment by going to Settings > Products/inventory > Inventory settings and setting 'Split/partial fulfillment and drop-ship purchase orders' to 'Yes'.
You will also need to have your products linked to vendors, and have prices on those vendors' price lists.
Then to create a drop-ship purchase order:
- Look up the sale which needs to be fulfilled, and click Fulfill > Partial/advanced fulfillment
- Check the rows you need to drop-ship, and set the 'From' column to the vendors you wish to create the purchase orders for
- Set the 'Ship PO(s) to' field to 'Ship to customer'
- Click Create Purchase Orders/Goods notes - the page will refresh and you'll see a list of the created POs at the bottom of the screen
- Click into the purchase order(s) and email them to your vendor(s)
Here you can see we've selected two different vendors for the items on the sales order:
Tip: The price shown is what the supplier charges for that item, to help you choose the cheapest!
For more detailed information, please see the help center section about drop shipping.