Drop-shipping is where the supplier is asked to deliver the goods directly to the customer. In Brightpearl this process always begins with a sales order which is then fulfilled to a purchase order, instead of a goods-out note. The purchase order is linked to the original sale.
- Go to the Partial/advanced fulfil screen.
- For lines you wish to drop-ship, select a supplier from the drop down list.
- Select to ship POs to the customer - this is the default option.
- Click Create Purchase Orders / Goods notes.
- Open your purchase order(s) and email them to your supplier(s).
Here you can see we've selected two different suppliers for the items on the sales order (the price shown is what the supplier charges for that item, to help you choose the cheapest) :
You'll need to have set up suppliers and linked them to products first.
For more detailed information, read the help center section about drop shipping.
We also have a dedicated drop-shipping training course.