Items can be removed from stock individually, using the CSV inventory import, or by unreceiving inventory on purchase orders.
When removing inventory, if the specific batch to remove is not selected, Brightpearl will remove the oldest item available using the first in first out (FIFO) principle. The associated inventory value will be used to make any corrections to accounting.
Tip: If you are sending samples to customers, don’t use inventory corrections. Use a sales order with the sell prices set to zero, which you can then fulfil and ship as normal.
Creating sales orders for people and using goods out notes for shipping will make it much easier to track and report on your outgoing goods! Corrections should only be made for removing items where the inventory levels have been identified as incorrect.
Removing inventory as a manual adjustment
Removing inventory for individual products
- Search for the product on the product list and click on the in stock figure. In the pop-up window, click on Edit/Remove inventory for the relevant warehouse.
Alternatively, go directly to Products > Inventory detail and search for the product (filtering for the relevant warehouse if necessary).
- The inventory detail report is displayed with the item listed once for each different 'batch' with units still in stock. A batch is comprised of units received in at the same time, at the same value, in the same location, using the same method.
Hover over the line that is to be changed to see the edit icon appear next to the in stock figure. Click on the edit icon.
- Enter the quantity to be removed - this must not be greater than the in quantity on hand for the item on that row of the inventory detail report. A correction can only be made against one batch of items at a time. If multiple batches of the item need to be removed then multiple corrections will be needed.
- Enter a reason for the adjustment. This will be recorded against the inventory audit trail and the accounting journal.
- Click the Remove items button to remove the stock.
Removing inventory using a CSV update
It is also possible to remove inventory using a CSV file.
Unreceiving inventory on purchase orders
It is also possible to unreceive items on purchase orders which were incorrectly marked as received, or received in at the wrong price, with some stipulations.