Invoices can be printed from Brightpearl using customized templates.
They can be produced one-by-one or in batches.
How to print an invoice
Before an invoice can be printed, the order must have been invoiced. This will generate the invoice reference.
- Search for and open the invoiced sales order on the sales list.
- Click the Email/Print button at the top right of the screen.
- The invoice document is displayed using the default invoice template and branding defined by the sales channel and its channel brand. If necessary, use the link at the top of the page to change the template.
- Click the Print link at the top and send it to the printer.
How to re-print an invoice
When an order is invoiced the PDF document is produced and attached to the order. It can be seen in the order Notes and payment history tab as well as on the customer timeline.
From here the original document can be viewed or printed. The exception to this is when the orders were invoiced as a batch and the option to skip producing the PDF documents was chosen:
Tip: If the PDF document is not available in the notes and payment history, then the invoice can simply be re-printed from using the Email/Print button within the order.
How to batch print invoices
- Go to Sales > Recent sales
- Filter the list to display the invoiced orders for which invoice documents need to be printed.
- Use the checkboxes to select the invoices to be printed.
- Click the Print button.
- Select the invoice template to use.
- Click to print the documents. They will be displayed in a new tab in the browser from where they can be sent to the printer.
A template is used for printing or emailing invoice documents.
Multiple templates can be created and selected for creating invoices. The default template used when invoicing an order is selected from the channel brand connected to the order sales channel, along with the logo and business name and address. This allows branding to be applied to documents based on the channel from which the order came.
To learn more about building templates in Brightpearl, check out this article on templates.
How to change the default invoice template
- Go to Settings > Company > Company information .
- Click to edit the relevant channel brand.
- In the pop-up window, select the Templates tab.
- Select the default sales invoice template and save.
- Ensure the channel brand is assigned to each sales channel which should use these templates, company details and logo, at Settings > Company > Channels .