Before setting up your Shopify POS with Brightpearl, you will need to install and configure the Brightpearl Shopify app.
To learn about using and setting up a Shopify POS terminal visit the Shopify website.
Create an anonymous POS customer
A sale in Shopify POS can be anonymous or you can collect the customer details. Where real customer details are captured a customer record will be created in Brightpearl, and the order will be downloaded against that customer record. An anonymous sale also requires a customer record in Brightpearl, as it is not possible to create a Brightpearl order without a contact record. Set an anonymous customer email under the 'Orders' tab in the Shopify connector.
Set a Shopify POS sales channel
Every Shopify integration has a sales channel in Brightpearl for reporting on sales received via that channel. An additional Shopify sales channel can be added in order to report on Shopify POS sales separately from online Shopify sales. Go to Orders > Shopify POS channel and select a channel to report on Shopify POS sales.
How to create a Shopify POS sales channel in Brightpearl
- Go to Settings > Company > Channels .
- Click the Add Channel button.
- Select Shopify .
- Enter a channel name. This is how you'll see the sales channel referred to throughout Brightpearl.
- Select a channel brand. This is the company branding that will be applied to documentation created for sales received via this sales channel.
- Choose a warehouse for allocating inventory from when POS orders are downloaded.
- None of the other settings are relevant for Shopify POS - the settings from the main Shopify store sales channel will be used.
- Save the channel.
Creating bank accounts for Shopify POS
Adding a separate bank account for recording cash sales allows you to see how much cash has been receipted. This can be compared to the till balance for an end of day cash reconciliation.
How to create a cash takings account code
- Go to Accounting > Chart of Accounts .
- Select the account type of Banks (US) / Current Assets (UK).
- Click the Add a new account button.
- Enter a name for the account.
- If desired enter a 4 digit code - if left blank it will be automatically assigned.
Update the connector settings
You will need to choose the Shopify POS sales channel and a cash sales receipt bank account.
Decide if you want to create Sales Credits
When a refund is processed through Shopify POS, it can be downloaded into Brightpearl as a sales credit. This feature is optional, as you may want to manage this separately.
You can define the exact behavior behind this feature by selecting the relevant settings you are interested in using. You can select whether you’d like any transaction refunds to be captured in Brightpearl as sales receipts, and additionally if you’d like us to receive goods back into stock if you did so in Shopify POS. You can also select which of your sales credit statuses you’d like us to create the orders on.
To access the settings, go to the Brightpearl Shopify app > Refunds > Select ‘Create Sales Credits from Returns’ > Set ‘New Sales Credit Status’ > if you want to receive items back into stock, define to which location items should be returned (Default or Quarantine)
You are now ready to use Shopify POS.