The Brightpearl Amazon FBA inventory reconciliation provides the tools you need for keeping your central inventory records in Brightpearl in line with the items you have stocked with Amazon FBA.
In other words, this functionality helps make sure that what you think you have in the FBA fullfilment center and what Amazon says you have match up.
Brightpearl provides the tools to:
- View and compare the inventory levels from Brightpearl and Amazon
- View additional details from Amazon such as reserved, unsellable and inbound inventory
- Calculate stock corrections to make in Brightpearl
- Override the suggested corrections
- Apply the stock corrections in Brightpearl in bulk, which in turn updates inventory accounting
Amazon inventory statuses
- Fulfillable: Fulfillable inventory is the available quantity of inventory that is currently in Amazon Fulfillment Centers. These items are listed for sale on Amazon.
- Reserved: Reserved items have been ordered by a customer but have not yet shipped (i.e. are on pending orders), are being transferred between warehouses (as a FC Transfer), are being inspected by Amazon (FC Processing), or are otherwise temporarily not available for sale.
- Inbound: The quantity of inventory Amazon knows is on its way to the FBA warehouse.
- Unsellable: The quantity of inventory that Amazon believes is damaged or can't be sold for some reason.
How to reconcile Amazon FBA inventory
- Go to Channels > Amazon channel > Live Amazon listings report.
- Click Filter > Configure columns and select the columns you wish to see on the report. It's recommended to add all of them, or the ones indicated with an asterisk (*) at a minimum:
- Brightpearl FBA fulfillable qty*
- Amazon FBA fulfillable qty*
- Amazon FBA reserved
- Amazon FBA inbound qty
- Amazon FBA unsellable qty
- Total Amazon FBA qty
- Suggested Adjustment*
- Save this view as a preset and click Filter. Once saved as a preset, you can access this report from the preset views dropdown.
Brightpearl will suggest an adjustment value (equal to the Amazon FBA fulfillable quantity - the Brightpearl FBA fulfillable quantity). Review and change the values to specify the desired stock corrections you want to make for each item.
To proceed with the corrections, select each item (max 500 from a single page) and click the Reconcile FBA inventory button.
- In the pop-up window specify which warehouse and cost price list to use for the adjustments for adding and removing inventory. The selected products must have a price on the selected price list. Also enter a reason for the adjustments which will be seen on the inventory audit trail.
To proceed with the adjustments, click Reconcile.
The pop-up window will close and both the Brightpearl FBA warehouse quantities and the suggested adjustments on the report will refresh. All the items added into stock will be placed into the default warehouse location recorded on the product record for the relevant warehouse. All necessary accounting adjustments will be made.
It will also create corresponding accounting entries for the addition or removal of inventory.
Note: It is not possible to reconcile items where multiple Amazon listings are connected to the same Brightpearl product. If this is attempted you will be notified that these items were skipped during the reconciliation.
FBA inventory reconciliation report columns
The following report columns are available for the Amazon FBA reconciliation report:
- Brightpearl FBA fulfillable quantity is the quantity of Amazon inventory that you have in your Brightpearl virtual warehouse. The Brightpearl virtual warehouse is the warehouse that you set up in the system to track your inventory in Amazon fulfillment centers.
- Amazon FBA fulfillable quantity is the quantity which is currently available on Amazon to be purchased by Amazon buyers.
- Amazon FBA reserved is the quantity of items which has been ordered by a customer but not yet shipped, are being transferred between warehouses, are being inspected by Amazon, or are otherwise temporarily not available for sale.
- Amazon FBA inbound is the quantity you shipped to Amazon fulfillment center when creating an inbound shipment to Amazon.
- Amazon FBA unsellable is the quantity of items that Amazon believes cannot be sold.
- Suggested adjustment is the difference between the inventory levels on Amazon and those in Brightpearl, i.e. the number of items that need to be added or removed from Brightpearl's virtual FBA warehouse so that it matches the Amazon fulfillable quantity. Note that this does not take unsellable or inbound inventory into consideration.
Note that returned items are not counted under any status. Refunds and returns need to be managed manually.
Suggested adjustment for Amazon FBA
The suggested adjustment for Amazon FBA inventory is calculated as:
Amazon FBA fulfillable quantity
|The quantity Amazon has recorded|
LESS: Brightpearl FBA fulfillable qty
|The quantity on hand in Brightpearl's virtual FBA warehouse|
= Suggested adjustment
A positive suggested adjustment means inventory will be added into the Brightpearl warehouse, i.e. Amazon is displaying more items in stock than Brightpearl.
A negative suggested adjustment means inventory will be removed from stock in the Brightpearl warehouse, i.e. Amazon is displaying fewer items in stock than Brightpearl.
The suggested adjustment value can be manually edited. A suggested adjustment of 0 means that no correction will be made.
Can I configure the Amazon FBA inventory reconciliation to run automatically?
The Amazon FBA inventory reconciliation can only be run manually. The reason we do not allow automatic reconciliation is because every inventory update results in an accounting entry, if your inventory levels change on a daily basis you may end up with many unnecessary journal entries. To avoid this, Brightpearl gives merchants the ability to decide when and how they want to reconcile their Amazon inventory.
Can I reconcile my Amazon FBM (fulfilled by merchant) inventory?
The reconciliation only looks at Amazon FBA listings since these values are the ones considered the source of truth based on what Amazon say they have in their warehouse.
Can I control when and how my FBA inventory is transferred between fulfillment centers?
Brightpearl cannot control how Amazon manages FBA inventory. It is entirely controlled by Amazon.