A recipe is a list of components used to assemble a bill of materials.
The same BOM could be assembled using different components. As such, it's possible to add more than one recipe for each BOM.
You can specify a default recipe, which ensures this recipe is used when items are assembled automatically.
- Find the BOM in the Bill of materials listing and click Edit
- Click the Add new recipe button
- a recipe name
- a qty (this is the number of finished products this recipe will assemble)
- select whether this is the BOM's default recipe
- Click Add new component
- In the SKU field, search for the component SKU and select it from the drop-down
- Enter the quantity required to assemble the BOM
- Add all required components, repeating steps 4-6
- Click Save
In the Bill of material listing click the Export BOMs button to download a CSV file containing your BOMs and their recipes.
Recipes can be created by import using a CSV file.
It is easiest to use an export file as the template for importing.
The CSV file should contain the following columns:
|BOMId||The product ID of the BOM's product record in Brightpearl|
|BOMQty||The number of finished products this recipe will create|
|AutoAssembly||Use 0 for No or 1 for Yes|
|AutoPriceUpdate||Use 0 for No or 1 for Yes|
|DefaultBinLocation||The default warehouse location for assembled items|
|compProdId||The product ID of the component's product record in Brightpearl|
|compProdName||The name of the component|
|compProdSku||The SKU of the component|
|compProdQty||The component quantity|
|RecipeId||The recipe ID|
|RecipeName||The recipe name|
|PrimaryRecipe||Use 0 for No or 1 for Yes|
|deleteBom||Leave blank when creating recipes, or enter 1 to delete an existing recipe|
Follow these steps to import recipes:
- Prepare your CSV file
- In the Bill of material listing click the Import BOMs button
- Browse to your import file and upload