To connect Brightpearl to Shopify an app must be installed in Brightpearl and in Shopify.
Shopify app in Brightpearl
To allow Brightpearl to connect to Shopify the app must be installed in Brightpearl. This will then allow a Shopify channel to be created against which all new orders will be created.
How to install the Shopify app in Brightpearl
- In Brightpearl, go to the App store and install the latest Shopify app from Brightpearl.
- Go to Settings > Company > Channels and add a new Shopify (2017) channel for every Shopify store that will be connected. If the original Shopify app was previously used, we recommend naming your new channels so that you can tell which are the original app and which are the 2017 app - this will help with reporting on historical data.
Brightpearl app in Shopify
The Brightpearl Shopify app is made up by the following modules:
- Products, orders, payments and refunds (main app)
New Shopify orders and payments will be created in Brightpearl. Brightpearl products can be imported to Shopify to save time creating new product ranges. When a return is processed in Shopify it will be created in Brightpearl too.
- Inventory (add-on)
As on hand inventory levels change in Brightpearl the SKU availability will be updated in Shopify.
- Fulfillment (add-on)
When items are marked as shipped in Brightpearl, the shipment details will be imported by Shopify.
- Prices (add-on)
When prices change in Brightpearl Shopify will import them and update the SKUs.
How to install the Brightpearl Shopify app on a Shopify account
- Log in to Shopify
- Go to Apps and click "Customize your store" to be taken to the Shopify app store
- Search for "Brightpearl"
- Click the Brightpearl app in the results
- Click "Add app"
- Click "Install app"
- Enter your account ID and click "Authenticate", then agree to the terms and conditions
- Log in to your Brightpearl account, if not already logged in
- Click "Approve" to allow Shopify to access your account
You are now ready to configure the Brightpearl Shopify app.