Your products and cashiers are held locally on the iPad so if your store connection goes down or you are at a retail show without a connection then you can continue to serve customers. If you are offline then your completed transactions will be queued up and sent back to the Brightpearl back office once you are back online.
Functions that you are able to do whilst offline:
- Log on with the users/password based on the last update that the iPad received from the Brightpearl back office
- Search and scan for all products and add them to the basket
- Check the primary product information (brand, category, description, barcode, id)
- Hold the current basket and retrieve a basket on hold
- Take payment using any non-integrated payment method such as cash
- Add a new customer profile to the transaction. The new customer will be created when you are back online and the completed transaction will be posted to the Brightpearl back office
- Open and close your register
To ensure that your cashiers have got access to the latest information then certain functions need to access the Brightpearl back office such the up to date inventory on hand and assigning an existing customer.
Functions that you are able to do only when online:
- Add an existing customer from Brightpearl
- Apply a customer’s price list and/or profile discount
- View inventory on hand per warehouse and warehouse location
- Use the Advanced Fulfilment modal to ship items later or back order, select shipping method and add any shipping cost
- Access your complete sales history and search for a receipt for reprint or refund
- Fulfil orders from any of your channels in-store (BOPIS, Click and Collect)
- Check the full product information (products with variants’ SKUs, barcodes etc)
- Use an integrated payment device such as PayPal Here, iZettle, Adyen, Moneris, USAePAY
- Receive updates: product, customer profile, user, store and receipt settings, offers and discounts
- Access your complete sales history and search for a receipt for reprint or refund.