Priceforge is a web app by Lokad which is compatible with Brightpearl.
It is intended both as a data visualization tool and as a pricing optimization engine. It can create tailored dashboards with KPIs, but also compose advanced pricing strategies:
Use this guide to export your data from Brightpearl, import it into Lokad and then run a script to analyse it and produce your reports.
In this guide we only scratch the surface on the possibilities of Priceforge. For more details, please visit the Lokad website.
Exporting the data from Brightpearl
You will need to export your product and sales order details from Brightpearl into CSV files.
How to export product details to use with Priceforge
- In Brightpearl, go to Product > List products / services.
- Click the Export button at the top of the page.
- In the pop-up window, click to export All XXX remaining rows. This will export all your products.
- Select the file type of Excel (xls).
- Click the Export button to begin the export.
- Open the exported file file and "Save as" a .csv (comma separated values) file, naming it “Lokad_Items.csv”. Make sure to save it somewhere you can find it later.
How to export sales order details to use with Priceforge
- Go to Reports > Sales detail.
- In the filters, click "Configure columns" and add the columns you need for the report. Filter the report.
- Click "Export".
- The data can only be export in batches of 20,000 lines at time. If you have a larger number of lines then filter the report into manageable chunks using ranges with the created date and export multiple files.
- Save your file somewhere that you can find it later.
- If you have multiple exports, then you can name the files Lokad_Orders_1.csv, Lokad_Orders_2.csv, etc. Any suffix will work as long as the file name starts with "Lokad_Orders". So you can also use Lokad_Orders_2013_09.csv for the sales of September 2013 for example. Salescast will merge all the files on its own.
Upload data to Priceforge
Now that you have exported and formatted your data from Brightpearl, you need to upload your files to Lokad. You can do this by clicking the “Files” tab within Lokad.
Create a Priceforge project
At this point, you need to create a “project” with Priceforge.
How to create a "project" with Priceforge
- In your Lokad account, click the Priceforge tab.
- The first time, Priceforge displays a sample project that is auto-created in your account. We suggest keeping this project untouched, and creating another project. Click the All projects links, and then click the Create project button.
- A project named “New project” will appear in the project list. Click this project to enter the project editor view within Priceforge.
- Click the project title, and change its values from “New project” to “Brightpearl” or any other title that you find convenient. This is not strictly required, but when you come back it will help you identify the difference between the sample project and your own custom project.
Write a Priceforge script
At this point, it’s time to write your Priceforge script. Here is an example script:
read “Lokad_Items.csv” with “SKU” as Id
read “Lokad_Orders.csv” as Orders with “Item SKU” as Id, “Created” as Date
show linecharts “My sales” a1e3 with sum(Orders.OrderItemQuantity)
In the script above we are first specifying the files to be loaded, and in the third line, the line chart to be displayed for the quantities sold over time is specified.
How to run a script in Priceforge
When you have entered the script you can click Run in the right sidebar, and then, a few seconds later, a new entry will appear on top of the right sidebar in green. Click this link to get your dashboard.
This dashboard should look like this: