When it comes to importing your data into Brightpearl, such as orders, customers or products, you're going to need it formatted in a way that Brightpearl recognizes.
Formatting dates for import
Dates will need to be formatted correctly in your import files so that Brightpearl is able to read them correctly.
|Data Type||Format Required|
|Date / Time||YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss|
How to format dates in Excel for imports
- Click on the column header to select the entire column; in this case it's column A, so click on the grey box with A in it. The whole column will be highlighted.
- Right-click anywhere on the highlighted area to display the menu.
- Select Format cells .
- In the displayed window, in the Number tab, select Custom from the category list on the left.
- If the format you need is already listed it can be selected. If it is not listed use the Type field above to enter your own, "yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss".
Note : The date only format can be found under the Date category.
- Once you have selected or entered the format you need, click the OK button.
- Save your Excel file.
You are now ready to import it into Brightpearl.