The purchasing process in Brightpearl allows you to bring goods into stock at the relevant prices and quantities, whilst maintaining the accounting.
Receiving inventory / goods-in
All purchased inventory is received directly against a purchase order. Using a purchase order ensures that:
- The correct accounting is created
- A record of the purchase is retained
- The supplier account is updated
When items are received on the purchase order, inventory levels are automatically updated which will then trigger item availability on integrated sales channels to be updated.
How to receive inventory
- Search for and open the purchase order.
- Click the Receive Inventory button.
- Confirm the quantity received for each item; amend the figure where required. If warehouse locations are being used each item will be received into a location.
- To assist in putting the items away in their correct locations click the link to print a "put-away note".
- Click the Submit button to mark the items as received and update stock levels.