Ticket statuses are used to monitor what stage each ticket has reached in your response process. For example, some statuses might be:
- Not started
- In progress
You can filter your ticket lists by these statuses to make sure you keep track of them.
Creating a ticket status
You can create new ticket statuses to suit your workflow as follows:
- Go to Settings > Helpdesk > Ticket statuses.
- Click Add a new status.
- Enter a name for the status.
- Select a color for the status.
- Click Save.
- Use the arrows on the left to click and hold then drag the statuses into order for your ticket cycle.
There are three statuses which are linked to actions on the ticket:
- A customer raising a new ticket or a staff member creating a ticket in the back office is automatically assigned to the default status for new tickets
- A customer updating a ticket automatically updates the ticket status
- A ticket assigned to the "closed" status closes the ticket
All three of these default statuses can be found under Settings > Helpdesk > Helpdesk settings.