Inventory movements are used to move stock around within a warehouse. The method of moving stock depends on the warehouse location mode:
Standard location management
Only a single location can be used for each SKU, this location is recorded for each warehouse directly on the product record. All inventory is automatically moved when this location is changed on the product record. Changing the location on the product can be done manually from within the product record or it can be done in bulk using the product import.
- Go to the product screen and click the Stock/Inventory tab
- Update the product location
- Create an import file including the default location
- Import your file to update products and their locations
Multiple concurrent location management
Each SKU can be given a default and overflow location on the product record. These locations are selected by default when items are added or received into stock, but the location can always be amended during the receiving process. Since inventory for a single SKU can be stored multiple locations at any one time moving the items requires an internal stock movement to be carried out which indicates from which location the items are being taken from and where they are being moved to. Stock movements can only be done manually.
- Go to Products > Internal stock movement.
- Search for the product and click Move.
- The current locations and quantities will be displayed. Enter the quantity to move from each location.
- Select the location these items should be moved into.
- Click the Move items button.
Can I do bulk internal stock movements?
When using standard locations, yes. In this case the product import can be used to update the default location across a batch of SKUs. This will also move the inventory for each SKU.
When using multiple concurrent locations, no. In this case the only way to move inventory for multiple SKUs in one go is to use the CSV inventory update. This can be used to completely remove the items from stock at one location and re-add them at another. This will create accounting and it will break FIFO since the items re-added will be the last in and therefore last sold.