We recommend that you read our prerequisites and guide before connecting an eBay account.
Install the eBay app
To begin connecting Brightpearl and eBay you will need to install the app. Once installed you will be able to start adding eBay accounts.
How to install the eBay app
- In Brightpearl, go to App Store > eBay .
- Click Turn on , you can’t miss it!
The eBay setup and management screens will now be accessible in Settings > Brightpearl Apps > eBay . Installing eBay takes you straight to the first setup screen, and next step, adding eBay accounts.
Connect an eBay account
Each eBay account must be separately added in Brightpearl.
Each account added creates a new sales channel in Brightpearl which is used to identify where your orders are coming from.
Which eBay sites can be connected to Brightpearl? Which countries are supported?
This is a list of all the eBay sites you can connect to Brightpearl in order to synchronize inventory, prices and orders:
- eBay Australia
- eBay Austria
- eBay Belgium_Dutch
- eBay Belgium_French
- eBay Canada
- eBay Canada French
- eBay France
- eBay Germany
- eBay Hong Kong
- eBay India
- eBay Ireland
- eBay Italy
- eBay Malaysia
- eBay Netherlands
- eBay Philippines
- eBay Poland
- eBay Singapore
- eBay Spain
- eBay Switzerland
- eBay UK
- eBay US
- eBay Motors (excludes publishing and editing listings from Brightpearl)
How to connect an eBay account
- In Brightpearl, go to Settings > Brightpearl Apps > eBay .
- Click the Connect eBay account button.
- Enter an account name - this is the channel name and how you will see it throughout Brightpearl.
- Select your eBay site country.
- Select whether you want eBay listings to be automatically connected where a product with a matching SKU is found. This will work the first time a listing is downloaded.
- Go on to choose your inventory, price and order settings:
- Enable inventory sync
Check the box to use inventory syncing for this site. When activated inventory updates are sent to eBay when a listing is first created or connected to a product and then only when the on hand inventory level changes. Activating this later will not trigger any updates.
- Warehouse to calculate on hand inventory levels
Select one or more warehouses. The combined on hand inventory from these warehouses will be uploaded to eBay.
- Warehouse to allocate orders from
Each order in Brightpearl can only reference a single warehouse, although you may be synchronizing multiple. Select the main warehouse from which inventory should be automatically allocated to orders. Shipments from other warehouses can be created at fulfillment.
- Limit real-time stock updates to where I have fewer than eBay limits real-time listing updates to 150 a day. If you have a listing with a large number of variations, or a large number of stock movements per day, some updates could be blocked if you don't limit your stock updates.
- Bulk inventory update You can run bulk inventory update manually up to 3 times a day. Brightpearl will also perform nightly bulk inventory update.
- Price list
Select the price list to synchronize with this eBay site. The selected price list needs to be set up with the same currency as the default eBay site selected earlier. It should also be set as a gross price list; synchronizing a net price list will add tax before updating eBay, using the product tax code.
- Charge tax on shipping
Check this box to calculate tax on shipping charges where the products are taxable.
- Enable Price sync
Uncheck this box if you do not wish Brightpearl to update eBay listing prices. This this can be activated later. Activating pricing sync later will not perform a full price sync. Prices will only update when they are updated in Brightpearl.
- Start orders downloading from
Select the date at which orders should begin downloading. This can only be today or in the future. This is often used during implementation to ensure the account is fully set up before orders begin downloading. Brightpearl will check for new eBay orders over the previous 7 days, but limited to this activation date. If this date is changed in the future then orders placed on or after the new date will download. Saving any other changes in the eBay settings will not affect order downloads.
- Status for new eBay orders
Select which sales order status should be assigned to new eBay orders.
- Channel branding
Select the channel brand to use for orders received via this channel.
- Payment method
Select the payment method to use for creating payments against eBay orders
- Default returns period
- Use tax amount from eBay This will use the tax amount sent through from eBay when creating the order rather than Brightpearl’s tax code to calculate the tax.
- Assign new orders to team (available only where teams exist) If you are using staff teams, select to which team orders received via this channel should be assigned.
- Download only paid orders You can select to only download paid orders.
- The final stage is to authorize eBay and Brightpearl to speak to each other. Unless you are testing Brightpearl using eBay sandbox you should leave the box unchecked.
- Click the Authorize with eBay button and then log into your eBay seller account. You will be directed to the eBay site based on the country selection made earlier.
- Click the I agree button to accept the terms and conditions. You will now directed back to your Brightpearl account to see the eBay account integration is activated.
Auction listings are not fully supported; we recommend that auction listings are not used with Brightpearl.