We recommend that you read our prerequisites and guide available here before attempting an implementation.
This guide will help you to connect your Amazon marketplaces to Brightpearl. It involves the following steps:
- Register with Amazon MWS and make a note of your account details
- Turn on the Amazon app in Brightpearl
- Add and configure each separate Amazon marketplace in Brightpearl (one per marketplace per seller account)
Once your Amazon marketplaces are connected yo Brightpearl you will need to ensure your Brightpearl prduct SKUs are connected to Amazon listings:
- Connect Brightpearl SKUs to Amazon listings. Learn about listing connection here
How to register with Amazon MWS
- Go to your Seller Central account > Apps & Services > Manage your apps > Authorize new Developer.
- Enter the following credentials:
- Developer name: Brightpearl
- Developer account number for European sellers: 8977-7545-2683
- Developer account number for US sellers: 3260-3202-8765
- Make a note of your Seller ID and MWS Authorization Token, you will need to put these into Brightpearl.
- Merchant token can be found here: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/sw/AccountInfo/MerchantToken/step/MerchantToken
How to install the Amazon app in Brightpearl
- In Brightpearl, go to App Store > Amazon.
- Click Turn on against the Amazon integration, you can’t miss it! You'll be taken straight to the setup screen to add your first marketplace.
How to add and configure an Amazon marketplace
Each Amazon marketplace is added separately in Brightpearl, even if they all belong to the same seller account. For example, a single Amazon seller account can be used for UK, Germany, Spain, Italy and France - add each of these separately in Brightpearl. Once you've added the first one using your seller account identifiers you can simply select them from the list to re-use them.
- Before you get started you will need to have registered with Amazon MWS and made a note of your Amazon seller ID, Merchant Token and MWS Authorization token. Learn how to find these here
- To begin the setup process, go to App store > Amazon > Setup.
- Click the Connect Amazon marketplace button.
- Select the Amazon marketplace location you are adding.
- You will need your Amazon seller ID, Merchant Token and MWS Authorization Token, learn how to find these here. If you have already connected a marketplace from the same seller account you can easily re-use the details by clicking Select existing merchant ID.
- Give this marketplace a name, this is how you’ll see it displayed throughout Brightpearl.
- In the Sync prices section, make the following selections:
Brightpearl will automatically update the price of Amazon listings connected to Brightpearl products in near real time. This occurs when you save a product connected to a listing or update its price on the price list for our Amazon marketplace. If, for some reason, prices are not syncing, try enabling and disabling the 'Sync pricing' setting.
- Sync pricing - Check this box to activate price updates from Brightpearl.
- Price lists - Select the price list to be used for updating listings, ensure it is the same currency as the Amazon store.
- In the Sync inventory section, make the following selections:
- Sync inventory - Check this box to activate inventory updates from Brightpearl. If inventory syncing is activated, the on-hand quantity in Brightpearl will be uploaded to Amazon at the point that the listing is first connected; and when the on-hand inventory levels subsequently change.
- Warehouse for allocating merchant fulfilled orders - Select the Brightpearl warehouse which will be assigned to downloaded orders. Inventory will be automatically allocated from this warehouse (even when synchronizing inventory levels from multiple).
- Warehouse for allocating fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) orders - You will need a separate warehouse for managing FBA stock. Ensure it is selected here so that your main stock is not affected. You can set an FBA warehouse by channel as opposed to the seller account.
- Warehouse for calculating on-hand inventory levels from merchant fulfilled listings - Select 1 or more warehouses. The combined on-hand inventory levels will be updated on Amazon. Note that Amazon will automatically include FBA stock on your listings so you do not need to select your FBA warehouse.
- Fulfillment latency - Amazon handling times can be controlled at a listing level. To start controlling handling days per listing, record the number of days in a product custom field (numerical) and select the custom field on the Amazon settings. The default handling days will then only be used where no product specific handling days have been set. NOTE: The fulfillment latency will only be updated if product's on hand level changes.
- Bulk inventory update - You can run bulk inventory update manually up to 3 times a day. Brightpearl will also perform nightly bulk inventory update.
- In the Sync orders section, make the following selections:
- Start orders downloading from - Set the date on which orders should begin downloading. This is mainly used during the implementation of your Brightpearl account ready for your go live day. It is not possible to download old Amazon orders or any orders placed during which your Amazon order sync does not have a current active date.
- Status for new orders - Select which sales order status to apply to orders when they download. This doesn't have to be unique for Amazon orders, you may choose to use one such as "online sales" for all integration - remember that you can identify where orders came from using sales channels.
- Status for new Prime orders - Leave blank to use the same status as non Prime orders.
- Number of days to attempt to create orders for - You can set the cut off (1 to 10 days) for orders that haven’t beed downloaded from Amazon due to occasional lapses in information that comes from Amazon, so you can create any delayed orders manually.
- Channel branding - Select which company details to use on templates for orders downloaded from this channel.
- Payment Method
- Nominal code for Amazon fees - Select the nominal code into which fees should be recorded for accounting purposes.
- Custom field to capture gift messages - To ensure you can view any gift messages on your Amazon orders create a custom field for your sales orders and select it here.
- If you see a warning message about shipping methods it will be because you have no shipping methods created in your Brightpearl account. Amazon require a shipping method when the shipment notification is sent from Brightpearl. If you don't have at least one shipping method in Brightpearl your Amazon orders will not be marked as shipped.
Additional FBA options are available if you have selected an FBA warehouse:
- Status for new fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) orders - You choose for these orders to use the same status as your merchant fulfilled orders or a different one which will allow you to easily identify them.
- Automatically mark FBA goods out notes as shipped? - If you opt for them to be automatically marked as shipped you won't have to do it manually. You may, however, prefer to wait for confirmation from Amazon before you manually mark them as shipped, in this case opt out and it will simply create a goods-out note, but make sure those get filtered out from the rest of your goods-out notes during picking and packing.
- Capture other transactions - Enable this feature to download transactions that are not directly related to orders and fees.
- Use download date for payments - This will use the date of the XML Payment download file on the payments and fees journals created rather than order created date.
- Send shipment updates for - If you are using ShipStation, set your Seller Fulfilled Prime Order choose to skip the shipment notification.
- Custom field to specify seller fulfilled prime orders - SFP orders can be easily identified using a custom field to create a permanent "prime flag", allowing you to filter those orders out and process them first.
- Custom field to specify business orders - New Business orders can be easily identified in Brightpearl by using a Yes/No custom field. Create the custom field and select it on the Amazon channel settings.
- Custom field to specify purchase order number - This number can be captured in a custom field on the order in Brightpearl. Create a freetext custom field.
- Amazon withheld tax payment method - When Amazon withhold a tax amount a separate order payment will be created. The payment method used should be set up with a liability bank account specifically for this purpose. Read more about Amazon withheld tax here.
- Click the Connect Marketplace button to finish.
As soon as a marketplace is added your Amazon listings will begin to download, go to Channels > Amazon > Listings. You will need to connect all of your listings to Brightpearl products to start synchronzing prices and inventory and to ensure that inventory is allocated to sales orders when they download. If listings are not connected to products the orders will download but will use miscellaneous non-stock tracked products.
Connect Amazon listings to Brightpearl products
Once the Amazon account has been added and authorized in Brightpearl, the existing listings will be displayed in Brightpearl at Channels > Amazon > Live Amazon listings.
Brightpearl will check for listings every 5 minutes so don't worry if they are not displayed immediately.
What do I need to do?
Each listing needs to be connected to a product in Brightpearl to be able to synchronize inventory and prices and to allocate inventory to downloaded orders. You will need to do this from within Brightpearl - it can be done in several ways as described in this guide.
If orders download before products are connected then they will be added as miscellaneous line items, and not the stocked product.