Product custom fields are product attributes that can be entirely customized to suit your needs. They allow you to extend the information you store on a Brightpearl product or service beyond the core fields provided.
Custom fields can be:
- Freeform text
- Numeric only
- Select list
- Text area
Custom fields are located in their own tab on a product record. They can then be split down into further tabs. Here's an example of what they might look like on the product screen:
Fields can be configured to be "required" which means they need to be filled in before a product can be saved in the Brightpearl interface, whether that is on product creation or when updating the product.
Configure custom fields at Settings > Custom fields > Products.
Where you can use product custom fields
Custom fields are useful for adding extra segmentation to your product database, since they can be used as filters on the product list.
- They can be added as columns on most product-centric reports (such as the sales detail report)
- They can be added to order and goods out note templates
- All custom field data is available read-only via the API.
Video of product custom fields
This video covers:
- How to set up custom fields to use on products
- How to filter by custom field
- How to add custom fields to your templates