Brightpearl allows integration with external email services, which means you can add inbound and outbound emails to contact Timelines.
Google Apps is well suited to provide an integrated service for business using your own domain name.
What you need to do is:
- If you haven't already, sign up with Google Apps
- Raise a support ticket with Brightpearl to tell about the verification details
- Import your existing emails/contacts to Google Apps
- Configure Google Apps to forward to your Brightpearl Mail Store
How do I sign up for Google Apps?
Go here: http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/index.html
Google provide a Launch Guide here
Which version should I choose?
Brightpearl recommends the business annual plan (£33/user/year), but the free version works well too. Google’s terms state that businesses must use the Google Apps for Business edition, but charities and not for profit organisations may use he standard edition for free.
Can I get assistance setting up Google Apps?
Call our partner Cloud Technology Solutions and ask them about their solutions for Brightpearl clients.
How do I verify ownership of my domain name?
Google Apps requires that you verify ownership of your domain name with one of two methods (please use the "create a CNAME record" method) and set up the DNS for email to work correctly by configuring your MX records.
I have more than one domain name – what do I do?
Google Apps allows for additional domain names to be added as aliases (Manage This Domain > Domain Settings > Domain Names > Add Domain Alias).
Just let us know on a ticket.
How do I import existing email into Google Apps?
Google have documented most of the relevant info here .
For existing Brightpearl email accounts:
- Enter anything as the email address.
- Enter your actual email address as the username.
- Enter your password - if you don't know it, ask us to reset it for you.
- Enter smtp.thisispearl.com as the mailserver.
How do I configure my Google Apps account to forward mail to my Mail Store?
- In Brightpearl, create a new contact called "Google Apps", with email address "mail-noreply@ enter-your-domain-here.com" . This will be used to receive the verification code that google sends when you set up a new forwarder email address.
- Go to Settings > Contacts > Mail Store and note down your Mail Store email address, which will be in the format firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The '+' sign in the Mail Store address is sometimes converted to '%2D' in the underlying link when this is sent via email. Make sure that the '+' has not been replaced in this manner.
- In each of your Google Apps mail accounts, go to Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Click the Add a forwarding address button.
- Enter your Mail Store email as the forwarding address.
- Click Next and then OK to confirm.
- Select the radio button for the new forwarding address and save your changes.
- In Brightpearl, search for and open the "Google Apps" contact you created.
- Select the Timeline tab and look for the verification code email.
- Go back to Google Apps > Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP and enter the verification code to activate the forwarding email address.