To view the balance sheet, go to Reports > Balance Sheet. Brightpearl automatically displays the balance sheet for today's date. Use the filters to view the balance sheet for a different date.
Balance sheet format
The balance sheet format is fixed and can't be amended. To manipulate the report it can exported into a spreadsheet.
Exporting the balance sheet
The balance sheet can be exported in different formats:
- Excel 95-2000
- PDF portrait
- PDF landscape
- CSV (background task)
The export will extract only what is shown on the screen, respecting all filters.
How to export the balance sheet
- Go to Accounting > Balance sheet.
- Apply the desired filters.
- Click the Export button.
- Select the desired export format.
If CSV format is selected, find the export under username > My background tasks.
Filtering by created date and tax date
The balance sheet can be filtered to show results based on the journal created date or the journal tax date.
- Created date (date entered) is the date the journal was physically created, whether it was manually entered or created off the back of an action such as invoicing or entering a payment.
- Tax date (transaction date) is the effective date of the journal. This is when the journal has an accounting effect. The general ledger always shows journals listed with their posted date.
For example, an order might be invoiced on the 17th of the month, but the tax date of the invoice is the 2nd of the month. You can see the created and tax date within a journal: