Brightpearl POS allows you to manage store credit. This means you can process credits and returns and leave the money on the customer account to be used to pay for a new sale now, or later.
Issuing a refund using store credit
- NOTE: You must have ‘Store Credit' enabled on your store settings.
- Either generate the refund from the original order or add the refunded products to the basket.
- Assign an existing customer to the basket or add a new customer.
- Tap the 'Pay' button.
- Adjust the 'Amount to Tender' that you want to issue to store credit.
- Tap the ‘Store Credit’ payment method button.
- If the full refund wasn't issued then issue the remaining balance of the refund to another payment method.
Using store credit balance for payment
- NOTE: You must have ‘Store Credit enabled on your store settings.
- Add products to your basket.
- Assign a customer to the basket.
- Proceed to the checkout screen.
- If the customer has an available store credit balance to use then the balance available will show on the ‘Store Credit’ payment method.
- Adjust the 'Amount to Tender' that you want to pay using store credit.
- Note that the amount to tender must the same or less than the available store credit balance otherwise the Store Credit button will not be available.
- After completing the transaction the order will post to back office and reduce the customer’s store credit balance.
Viewing the store credit balance on a customer account
- Search and add the customer to the basket.
- Tap the name of the customer that was added to the basket.
- Tap ‘View/Edit'.
- The Store Credit balance is shown on the top right.