Brightpearl POS will check a customer's credit limit during checkout once the following conditions are met:
- You are processing a sale (Sales Order) in POS
- A customer has been associated to the basket
- The customer has a credit limit set up in their profile
- The chosen payment method is "Pay later" (please make sure that the option "" is set to "Yes" in the POS store's configuration).
Let's see this through an example:
- Customer "Cleopatra Fizzani" has a credit limit in their back office profile set to £500.
- The customer is added to a sale in POS.
- At the checkout, the payment method "Pay later" is selected.
- POS checks the customer's credit limit as well as the outstanding credit. If the current payment added to the outstanding credit exceeds the credit limit, a warning message is displayed.
- At this point, the payment cannot be completed unless one of the POS managers authorizes it.
- If you choose to cancel the on account sale, POS remains at the same screen. The customer will need to reduce their account balance by making a payment.
- If a manager approves the on account sale, POS prompts the user to enter their manager's pin code.
- The transaction is completed.