Brightpearl POS will check a customer's credit limit during checkout once the following conditions are met:
- You are processing a sale (Sales Order) in POS
- A customer has been associated to the basket
- The customer has a set-up credit limit in their profile
- The chosen payment method is "Pay later" (please make sure that the option "" is set to "Yes" in the POS store's configuration).
Let's see this through an example:
- Customer "Cleopatra Fizzani" has a credit limit in their back office profile set up at £500.
- The customer is added to a sale in POS.
- At the checkout, the payment method "Pay later" is selected.
- POS checks the customer's set-up credit limit as well as the outstanding credit and if the current payment added to the outstanding credit exceeds the credit limit, a warning message is displayed.
- At this point, the payment cannot be completed unless one of the POS managers authorizes it.
- If the selection is to cancel, POS remains at the same screen. A smaller amount needs to be selected to be paid later and/or a combination of multiple payment methods.
- If the approval by manager is selected, POS prompts the user to enter their manager's pin code.
- The transaction is completed.