Authorized payments against sales orders can be captured in full or in part either automatically or manually:
- Automatic payment capture
Configure the app to automatically capture authorized payments once the order is marked as shipped, and whether to capture full payment or partial payments for split shipments.
- Manual payment capture
Select multiple orders to capture payment for, based on your own criteria at any time. Choose to capture in full or partial payments.
If any part payment has already been captured for an order the payment status will be “part paid” and will therefore not display under the “Authorized” order payment status.
How to capture auth only payments
- In Brightpearl, go to Sales > Order payments.
- Filter by the payment type of Auths pending capture and by your payment method.
- Select the rows to be captured.
- Click the Capture button.
- In the popup window review and make any edits to the payments which will be captured.
- Click Submit to go ahead and capture those payments from the customers.