By offering Buy Online Pickup In Store (BOPIS) or 'Click and Collect', you’re inviting your customers to pickup their order from a predefined location, rather than have you deliver it to them.
Managing these buying options typically happens within your e-commerce store configurations rather than Brightpearl, and then through the use of shipping methods orders can be triaged away from your warehouse delivery workflows.
Brightpearl has a web extension available for BigCommerce where we’re providing BOPIS functionality to web stores, based on Brightpearl warehouses and inventory. The Brightpearl settings are available using the API should you want to build your own integration to your bespoke web store using the same design.
Pickup locations and times
Pickup locations are identified as warehouses in Brightpearl, so that inventory can be held there and set aside. This document assumes that your warehouses already exist, but you can create them at the same time.
- Go to Settings > Products > Warehouses
- Select Edit on the warehouse you’d like to configure
- Make sure that the warehouse has a valid address
- Select ‘Enable Click and collect from this warehouse’ to enable further options
- Select the timezone of the location
- Set the operating hours of the location by setting an opening time and closing time, or leaving as ‘Closed’ if that’s the case
- Set an ‘SLA for items on hand at this warehouse’ which represents the amount of time it takes to prepare an order for pickup. You can select hours, days, or working days which will use the operating hours you’ve set above. If you don’t need preparation time, set it as ‘0’. Please note that currently, if you set 'SLA for items on hand at this warehouse' to X hours, the first available day for in-store pick up would be the next working day after the order is placed, not the same day.
- ‘SLA when transferring items to this warehouse’ allows you to define SLAs for scenarios where inventory needs to first be transferred to this location before it can be picked up. You can add as many of your warehouses as you need by selecting ‘Add inventory source’ and then entering the amount of time it would take to transfer items from that warehouse. You can also select ‘Purchase order’ if you’re operating with Back-to-Back purchase orders. You can remove inventory sources using the trash icon on the right.
- Save when you’re done.
Steps 6 and 7 will be used by the BigCommerce extension to provide consumers the earliest possible pickup time of their basket. Note that the inventory transfers and purchase orders aren’t automatically created at this point, to achieve that you’ll need to align Brightpearl automation workflows.
You'll need to create a shipping method in Brightpearl called "Pickup In Store". This will be used for all orders coming in from BigCommerce where the customer has chosen to collect from store.