Sometimes you’ll find that inventory needs to be moved from one location to another within a warehouse, either because it was keyed in to the wrong location or because of updates being made to the warehouse layout.
As per spot checks, a cycle count will be created in the background using the “special selection” option, containing just the SKU you have modified. Moving items between locations needs to be approved by a manager, because it’s actually performing a stock update in Brightpearl.
Warning: Moving items out of a location where they have been received during a delivery will prevent that delivery from being put away, since the delivery source location no longer contains that item.
How to move inventory within a warehouse
- Find the product you want to move using the search or by scanning a barcode.
- Click the item name to go into the item detail screen.
- Click the cog by the stock quantity to open the item movement screen:
- Select a different warehouse if you wish. All inventory for that warehouse will be shown.
- Use the "Move stock" link to expand the line.
- Enter the destination location, adjust the quantity to move and add a reason.
Moving allocated inventory
The quantity of items you're able to move is limited by its in stock quantity. This means, as long as you have "Enable move allocated inventory" set to "Yes" in the Brightpearl back office, you are able to move allocated inventory to a new location.
If this setting is set to "No", WMS will only be able to move inventory that is on hand.
The setting can be enabled in the Brightpearl back office by going to Settings > Products/inventory > Inventory settings, and setting "Enable move allocated inventory" to "Yes":