This process increases inventory levels in Brightpearl, but does not put them away in their final location. It’s useful when you need to add goods into a warehouse goods-in zone quickly for later methodical checking or location-based put-away. If you’re going to be putting items into their final location immediately, use “Receive and put away”.
- Find your delivery on the Deliveries screen and click Receive.
- Choose a warehouse, and if you need to change the location, click the Change location button. Save.
The delivery status will be set to “Receiving” and you’ll be taken to the receiving screen.
- Open a box and scan a product. WMS increments the received quantity by one. If the outstanding quantity is more than 2, WMS will automatically open the quick quantity feature to allow you to set a quantity.
Where a barcode scanner is not used, quantities can be changed using the plus and minus buttons or by tapping the blue quick quantity button to open the quick quantity feature. As receiving progresses, where the quantity received so far is between zero and the expected quantity, the row will be coloured red. When a row is fully received, its colour changes to green. For an over received row, the row colour changes to yellow.
- To receive part of the Delivery, click Receive selection. This will send the quantities added so far to Brightpearl. The delivery and stock status will change to Part Received. The screen refreshes showing the remaining quantities to be received. So 2/10 refreshes to 0/8, 14/10 refreshes to 4/0. Substitutions refresh as they were .
- Once all items have been received, the Delivery status will be updated to “Received”.
Where the supplier has sent a substitution, WMS will ask whether you want to add it to the delivery. If yes, WMS asks for an expected delivery quantity and adds a new row for this product. Because this product does not exist on any of the orders in the deliveries being received, WMS sets the order ID to 0.
Receiving into different locations
If you need to receive an item into a different location from the one shown, click the location name to change it for that line. The item’s default location and overflow location is shown as a prompt. Ensure you receive all items for a line into a single location, otherwise you won’t be able to put the items away later.
The default location shown for receiving items is the one with the lowest ID for that warehouse.
Tip : receive stock into the QUARANTINE location for a warehouse for it to show in stock, but not be available for sale to customers until you have put-away into the final location. Alternatively, create a virtual warehouse called “Deliveries”.
Associating orders to a delivery
Every delivery needs to be associated to a Brightpearl Purchase Order or Sales Credit before items on it can be received. You have the following options when associating a delivery:
- Order type: Either purchase orders or sales credits .
- Warehouse: WMS allows you to receive orders which were originally placed on any warehouse .
- Reference: If you have an order reference available, enter it here. For example, your original purchase order number from the supplier’s delivery note .
- Order id: The order number from your channel .
- Contact: The supplier or customer name. Start typing and WMS will provide a list of matched to select from .
- Barcode: Scan a barcode from a product in the delivery and WMS will search for orders that match .
- SKU: Similarly WMS will search for orders which contain the provided SKU .
- Product name: Likewise, WMS searches by product name .
Use one of the three buttons to search for orders using a delivery date (Due today or Due this week) or use Search to find any matching orders.