A manager will need to review every change in inventory level.
This includes spot checks which are created as "special selection" counts.
Reviewing a count
- From the count list (Stock take > Counts), select the count you want and click "Review". The count must have a status of "Ready for review" or "In review".
- A popup will appear, asking whether to "Move this count to review, and generate variance reports?". Click OK to progress to the Review screen.
- WMS will then display the count for review.
It compares the warehouse stock levels at the time you submitted the count ("Count" column) with the quantity in Brightpearl at the current time ("Channel quantity" column). If there’s a difference, you’ll get a variance figure, equal to the count figure less the channel quantity figure.
- If you click "Get price values" you'll get a value for that variance based on the current cost price from the selected cost price list.
The estimated value variance approximates the total impact to the Brightpearl asset value if you were to accept the count.
- Work through the lines, unticking any that you think might be incorrect or need a recount. If you need to add a note for the warehouse operator, click the notes icon on the right.
- Once you're happy to update Brightpearl with the variance from the selected lines, click Accept.
- WMS will update the inventory levels in Brightpearl.
If any lines were rejected from the count, a new count will be created using the previous reference appended with "-rejects".
If you are rejecting the majority of lines, you may wish to untick the lines you're accepting and click "Reject" instead.
Note: It is strongly recommended you complete any inbound deliveries and outbound goods out before doing stock counts, since while you are picking and packing or receiving goods, items have moved from their given location in the warehouse but will still show in stock!
Review and summary views
The default view for stock count reviews is the "Review" screen which shows all items sorted by the choice you made for that screen using the column configuration.
You can change to the Summary view for another layout grouped by product. To change to the summary view click the "Summary" button at the top of the screen.
This report is laid out by product, then grouped into locations.
Cycle count recommendations
The variance column on a cycle count review compares inventory levels at completion of the count with inventory levels now (when the review is opened), so the more time that passes between a count and review the higher the chance of a discrepancy.
Best practice is to schedule small cycle counts at set times each day, and get a manager to review the count as soon as it’s complete.