Associating orders to a delivery
Every delivery needs to be associated to a Brightpearl purchase order, sales credit or warehouse transfer. You have the following options when associating a delivery:
|Warehouse||WMS allows you to receive orders which were originally placed on any warehouse.|
|Reference||If you have an order reference available, enter it here. For example, your original purchase order number from the supplier’s delivery note.|
|Order ID||The order ID automatically generated by Brightpearl.|
|Contact||The vendor or customer name. Start typing and WMS will provide a list of matched to select from.|
|Barcode||Use these attributes to search for orders containing these items.|
Use one of the three buttons to search for orders using a delivery date (Due today or Due this week) or use Search to find any matching orders.
Creating a delivery for one or more purchase orders, sales credits or transfers
Usually, a purchase order will have been created in Brightpearl before goods arrive in your warehouse. In this case, you’ll create a new delivery and assign it to the purchase order(s).
- Go to the Deliveries screen under Deliveries > Deliveries and click Create new.
- Enter a reference, and the warehouse you’re working in.
- Click Associate to.
- Use the fields to search for the purchase order, sales credit or transfer. If you know the vendor or customer, use the "Contact" box to limit the results quickly. You can also show orders or credits that only contain certain items.
- Click Search. All matching results will be shown.
- Select one or more orders, credits or transfers - a delivery can be created for items from multiple sources, as long as they're the same type.
- Click Save. Your delivery will be created and you’ll be taken back to the Deliveries list.
Creating a delivery without a purchase order, sales credit or warehouse transfer
You can create a Delivery without assigning to an order, but you need to have associated the Delivery to a Purchase Order or Sales Credit before you can receive goods.
- From the Deliveries list and click Create new.
- Choose a warehouse, and click Add.
- Select the new delivery from the list and click "Receive and Put Away". Confirm the warehouse and location, and Save.
- You’ll be taken to an empty delivery screen as there are no items yet received.
- Scan an item, or search .
- Choose Yes when asked to add this to the delivery.
- Enter the quantity received .
- Park the delivery, and add a note for a manager to create a purchase order or sales credit in Brightpearl.
Once the order has been created, come back to WMS to associate it with the delivery:
- Find your delivery on the Deliveries screen, select it and choose Associate from the More actions menu.
- Search for your order or credit using the fields available .
- Choose the order(s) from the search results and click Save.