Bundles can be imported from a spreadsheet using products which already exist or products which are created as part of the same import (the components of the bundle must be listed above the bundle in the import file).
- Ensure that the bundle has its own row in the import file with its own unique SKU.
- Ensure that the bundle components are either existing products in Brightpearl with unique SKUs or included in the import file as new products to be created with unique SKUs (they will need to be listed above the bundle row in the file.
- Ensure the import file includes the "Bundle SKUs" column. On the bundle row ONLY, enter the component SKUs and quantities in this column as SKU:qty,SKU:qty.
- Go to Settings > Data/Import > Import products.
- Create a data map to read your file. When creating new products the following fields are required:
- Ensure the data map fields are in the same order as in the columns in the file.
- Once the data map is saved, click the Import link next to it.
- The data map is displayed on the left-hand side of the import screen. Ensure the import file has the same columns in the same order. The first column will be used to match the products. If the data map needs editing, click the Edit this data map link in the top right-hand corner.
- Make the following selections:
Import values - leave this unchecked to begin with and test everything is fine with the file.
Email me a report - check this box and a report of what happens with the import will be emailed to you.
Skip items not found using match column A - when creating new products ensure this is unchecked.
Create missing option values - displayed only when option fields are included. If the import file contains new option values for variants they can be created as part of the import.
Create missing brands - displayed only when "brand" field is included. If the import file contains brand names which are new then this box can be checked to create them.
Category mode - displayed only when "category" field is included. When importing new products they will always be added to the category, since there is nothing to move.
Create missing categories - displayed only when "category" field is included. This can be checked to create new categories where they don't yet exist in Brightpearl.
Update only; don't create any new products - when creating new products unsure this is unchecked.
Select seasons to add - if you are using seasons select to which season the products should be added. Hold down the control key and select multiple seasons if required.
- Click the Browse button and find the file to be imported.
- Click the Upload XLS file button to attempt the import. Messages will be displayed at the top of the screen to report what has happened.