This article goes through some tips for troubleshooting if you are encountering issues with losing the connection between your iPad and your scanner, printer or card reader.
- Is your iPad going into sleep mode?
Try to increase the time your iPad takes to auto-lock at Settings > Display and Brightness > Auto-lock.
- Are the devices too far away from one another?
Make sure all the devices (iPad and scanner, printer or card reader) are in close proximity to one another.
- Is something interfering with your signal?
- Avoid using your wireless devices near common sources of interference like power cables, microwave ovens, wireless video cameras and cordless phones.
- Reduce the number of active devices that use the same wireless frequency band.
- Configure your Wi-Fi router to use a different Wi-Fi channel or have it scan for the channel with the least interference.
- If you’re using USB 3 devices with your computer, try the following:
- Use a high-quality, shielded USB cable with each USB 3 device.
- Move your USB 3 devices — including any USB hubs — further away from your wireless devices.
- Turn off any USB 3 devices that aren’t in use.
- Avoid physical obstructions in the path of your wireless signal.
- Do you have any unneeded Bluetooth connections?
Remove old Bluetooth connections.
- Is your firmware up to date?
Update the hardware’s firmware.