Creating and sending invoices
Invoices can be emailed to customers manually, as part of the on-screen batch process, or using Automation.
By default invoices are sent to the email address in the invoice address details on the order.
The value that populates this field depends on settings, but can always be overridden manually, either on the order or when manually emailing a single invoice.
How to activate emailing of invoices during batch process
- Go to Settings > Sales > Sales settings
- Set Automatically email sales and credit invoices to billing email address to "Yes"
- Save your changes
How to email a single invoice to a customer
- Search for and open the sale
- Click the Email/print button
- Select or enter the email address to send it to
- Type an email body
- Click to send the email
Tip: With this option enabled, you are able to email PDFs when invoicing in bulk too! Simply select the 'Attach a PDF to each order' checkbox after clicking the 'Invoice' button:
How to email invoices in batches
- Go to Sales > Recent sales
- Filter the list to display the invoiced orders for which invoice documents need to be emailed
- Use the checkboxes to select the relevant orders
- Click the Send email button
- Select the invoice template to use
- Click to email the documents
Default email addresses
Invoices will always be emailed to the email address in the invoice address section of the order.
The 'Email addresses' section under Settings > Sales > Sales settings governs which email address will populate that field.
Use the accounts email address as specified on the contact's 'financial' tab:
If there's no accounts email address, the field will be left empty on the order.
|Main||Use the contact's main email address.|
|Accounts, or main if missing||Use the accounts email address as specified on the contact's 'financial' tab. If there is none, use the contact's main email address instead.|
Note that a contact may be part of an organization, in which case the organization will have an accounts email address which will be used for all contacts in that company.