Once your supplier has notified you that they have shipped the items to the customer, the inventory status of the order in Brightpearl can be updated to show this. Brightpearl offers the ability to mark drop-ship items as shipped in one or more shipments, and you can also choose to email the customer a shipping notification including a tracking reference. But if you don't want to use these features, they can be switched off and all the necessary steps of marking the orders complete can be done for you automatically.
There are two shipping options for drop-ship orders:
- Manually mark drop-ship items as shipped directly against the drop-ship purchase order, input a tracking reference and choose whether to email the customer.
- Automatically mark drop-ship orders as shipped when the invoice is received against the drop-ship purchase order. The order will be marked as fully shipped and no updates are sent to the customer from Brightpearl.
Switch between these options at Settings > Purchases > Purchase settings.
If you choose "No" for this setting, you'll get additional "Mark as shipped" buttons around Brightpearl.
Manually mark items as shipped against the drop-ship purchase order
- Search for and open the drop-ship purchase order. If you only know the sales order reference, you will find a link to the drop-shop purchase order on the order rows (there may be multiple) or in the sales order notes.
- From within the drop-ship purchase order click the Mark as shipped button.
- In the pop-up window specify how many of the items have been shipped, optionally enter a tracking reference and set the shipping method (defaults to the order shipping method, which is set from the original sale).
- If you wish to email the customer, check the box. The email will be sent using the template assigned to the channel brand set for the order channel.
This will update the shipping status of both the drop-ship purchase order and the parent sales order. Order notes with the shipped date will be added to both the sale and the purchase.
Automatic shipping at point of receiving the purchase invoice
- Simply receive the purchase invoice against the drop-ship purchase order
This will mark the drop-ship purchase order and parent sales order as shipped in full. Order notes with the shipped date will be added to both the sale and the purchase.