Before using drop-shipping in Brightpearl you will need to create drop-ship suppliers, assign these suppliers to products, and enter cost prices for each of the products. If this has not been set up correctly then no suppliers will be available when creating your drop-ship purchase order; a "no locations" message will be displayed.
When a supplier is assigned to a product, and a cost price has been set on the product record against the supplier's price list, it will then be possible to create a drop-ship PO.
How to create drop-ship suppliers & prices
- Search for and open the product
- Select the Suppliers tab
- Select the supplier of the product. You can choose one primary supplier, but if multiple suppliers supply this product hold down the ctrl key on your keyboard as you select them
- Save the product
Suppliers can be assigned to multiple products using the batch processing options on the products list:
- Go to Products > List products/services
- Use the filters to find the relevant products
- Use the checkboxes to select the product records
- Select Set Supplier from the Batch update drop-down menu at the top of the list
- Select the supplier and specify whether any existing suppliers assigned to those products should be unlinked
- Click the Update selected items button to finish
Suppliers can also be assigned using the product import (one supplier per product per import).