Printing Goods Out Notes (GONs) from WMS
Typically, each customer order should have a paper delivery note or invoice put in with the goods. You can print these documents from WMS, using the button at the top of the Goods Out Notes screen (or they can be set to auto-print; see later)
- Select a number of GONs from Goods out > Notes.
- Click Print. You’ll be given the option to create a new Batch, which lets you manage this group of GONs through the whole process to shipment.
- If you’ve got multiple people in the warehouse, assign the batch to a user. If you have teams configured, you can assign a team instead.
- You’ll now be taken to the list of GONs, using templates as defined by the channel and shipping method on the orders (see later for info on templates). If you have silent printing turned on, paper should start coming out of your printer right away, otherwise just click to print from your browser.
- Once documents are printed, you are returned to the GON list ready to print another batch.
- If you’re going to pick now, move onto the pick stage.
WMS will help you only print GONs once
Once a GON is printed, trying to print it again will pop a warning, which is intended to prevent multiple people from printing the same GON on different machines.
Document templates are configurable
Brightpearl WMS uses a powerful templating system to print documents. A template can be set up for each shipping method - so that different GONs may print with different layouts for different carrier services. Further to this, each channel has a separate set of templates, which allows you to have channel-specific branding on your templates. Templates are created and edited in Brightpearl, and chosen in WMS settings.
This is a setting you can turn on in Chrome browser which sends a document directly to the printer without popping open the print preview screen.
Note : This will only work in Google Chrome browser
If you don't need to print anything until you're at the packing stage (you use a mobile device for picking) then you can turn auto-printing on. This will send the GON to the printer as soon as you open the Pack page for that GON, if it's not already been printed.