The Replenishment report will enable you to create a purchase order or transfer for the components required to restock your assemblies. If you haven't already, read more about setting up assemblies here.
In this example, we have a pre-assembled Gift Set that includes two components, a bag and a belt.
- Demand Planner starts with creating a replenishment recommendation for the gift set, taking into consideration its forecasted sales during the planning period:
- Clicking into Details > Bundles & Production we can see how the bundle is defined:
- By clicking on a component's Details, Demand Planner opens a new tab displaying the replenishment details for this variant:
- This report can be then used to create purchase orders or transfers for variants. Read more about the replenishment report here.
Interpreting metrics for assemblies
- Stock represents the available stock
- In bundles represents additional/separate units that have already been assembled into final goods
- On order represents the number of components on order from the supplier
- Stock allocated for bundles represents the additional components needed to cover the replenishment recommendation of bundles
- Forecast represents the forecasted sales for this variant on its own; this number does not include any sales from the bundle
- Replenishment combines the replenishment recommendation for the variant and the additional units needed (above and beyond what is currently on order) to cover replenishment recommendations for the bundle
- Revenue is assigned to components proportionally to the components' retail prices (configured in Details > Bundles). If components do not have retail prices, then revenue is assigned proportionally to the quantities of the components in the bundles
Tip: Lead Times should be configured separately for bundles and components. For an assembly, the lead time is the total time it takes from creating an order to the completion of an assembly. For the variant, the lead time is the time it takes from creating an order to receiving parts at a warehouse.