An assembly is a kit of items that is assembled before being added to stock and becoming available for sale. This type of item and its components only exists in Brightpearl as normal stock-tracked products; the recipe for the assembly is configured and controlled entirely within Demand Planner.
First create the product in Brightpearl, creating it as a normal stock-tracked product. Then log into Demand Planner:
- Find the item under Replenishment using the Variants view
- Select the Details icon and navigate to the Bundles & Production tab
- Select Assembly
- Next, add all components with their corresponding quantities. Components can be removed by clicking the trash can icon
- When you're done, simply close the screen
Assemblies can also be imported into Demand Planner:
- First, create a CSV spreadsheet with the following columns (include a title for each column):
- Assembly SKU
- Component/Variant SKU
- The quantity of the component
- Component retail price (optional)
- Assembly; enter "1" to indicate the bundle is assembled prior to sale
- Go to Replenishment > Import > Bundles/Assemblies. Click Select File and then browse to the CSV file
- In the import modal, be sure to select SKU as the identifier
- Match dropdown fields to the correct column in your imported CSV
- Select Upload
Assemblies and replenishment
Demand Planner will recommend replenishing component stock based on the sales forecasts for the assemblies of which a variant is a component. In other words, you can use the Replenishment report to create purchase orders or transfers for the components required to restock your assembled items. Read more about replenishment reporting for assemblies here.
Once the goods are received at the warehouse, and Demand Planner syncs the latest stock information from Brightpearl, you can then create an assembly order from the assemblies view in the replenishment page. This creates an order to convert components into finished goods. Read more about assembly orders here.