BOMs can be assembled automatically based on either open sales orders (standard) or minimum stock levels and reorder quantities (reorder point).
A scheduled job runs every 30 minutes to perform assemblies automatically based on open sales orders. When this option is selected the following will happen:
- BOMs are assembled as required by open sales orders
- The resulting products are automatically allocated to the open sales
- An email alert is sent to the address specified in the default configuration
Auto-assembly: Reorder point (beta)
Please note: this feature is currently in beta testing and may not yet be available in your account. Please get in touch if you're interested in joining the beta program!
A scheduled job runs every 30 minutes to perform assemblies automatically based on finished goods falling to or below their minimum stock level. When this option is selected the following will happen:
- A Work in Progress assembly is created when an assembled product falls to or below its minimum stock level. The quantity to assembly is based on the reorder level set against the product in Brightpearl and the availability of its components in the warehouse
- Components are automatically transferred to the WIP warehouse (as set in the app configuration). This effectively reserves the inventory to prevent it from being sold to customers or consumed by other assemblies
- The assembly reference appears in the inventory transfer reference
- The transfer is automatically fulfilled and shipped but left in the quarantine (in-transit) location of the WIP warehouse
- The WIP assembly can then be processed by a Warehouse Operative
- This releases the components from quarantine and consumes the inventory, thenadds the finished goods into stock