WELCOME TO THE JANUARY RELEASE NOTES!
It's the first month of the year and we're starting it off with a bang! This month's batch contains no less than eight improvements to kick-start your 2020 properly:
- Settlement report mapping for Amazon
- Store credit order rows in BigCommerce
- Multi-source inventory in Magento
- A new PO screen and last sales forcasting in Demand Planner
- Inventory transfers and custom fields in Brightpearl WMS
- Warehouse Search in the API
Amazon | Settlement report mapping
Amazon charges a wide selection of fees for which you need to create accounting entries in Brightpearl. These accounting entries ensure your balance sheet is correct and makes it easy to account for fees separately to enable reporting over time.
With the Amazon settlement report mapping feature, you will be able to:
- Automatically account for order-related fees and other fees seen on the Amazon settlement report
- Specify different account codes for different types of fees
- Prevent accounting entries from being created for certain fees and charges, depending on your business preferences and workflows
- See e-commerce alerts for transactions not processed automatically due to missing orders
Read more here.
BigCommerce | Store credit as order row
BigCommerce has a concept of store credit. A merchant can issue a store credit to a buyer – this is treated as a refund in BigCommerce – who can later use that credit towards a purchase.
When an order redeeming store credit is placed, it will be downloaded to Brightpearl with a negative row assigned to a liability account code. Read more here.
Magento | Magento MSI (Multi-Source Inventory)
Multi-Source Inventory (MSI) is a new inventory management mechanism for multi-source support. It is available for Magento 2.3+ merchants. It is designed to help you to reduce the negative impact of concurrent checkout.
Brightpearl Demand Planner | New purchase order screen
A new design for the 'New purchase order' screen means you can customize columns in your PO. Also, when creating a PO from a combined warehouse, you can now designate which physical warehouse will receive inventory.
Brightpearl Demand Planner | Last sales forecasting method
We've introduced a new method to forecast demand called "Last Sales". This forecasting method is best for non-seasonal products. It is based on average sales for the last x number days, where you set the number of days. If the stockouts adjustment is enabled, the forecast only looks for periods when the product was in stock. Trends are not considered with this forecasting method.
Brightpearl WMS | Inventory Transfers module
WMS’ new Transfer module builds on Brightpearl's existing transfers functionality by providing a more intuitive configuration interface, and by offering a higher level of functionality, such as:
- Intelligent assigning of quantities based on current levels and reorder points
- Better overview of inventory levels at the source and destination warehouses
- The ability to add products to transfers by scanning product barcodes
- The option to bypass the goods out / receipt processes
- Configuring transfers to several warehouses simultaneously
Warehouse transfers is a feature that needs to be turned on by Brightpearl staff so contact our support team or your account manager if you’d like to have the module activated.
Brightpearl WMS | Custom fields on product pages and previews
You can now add custom fields to product pages and previews to allow your warehouse staff to view product information important to your business – unlocking your own particular workflows and enabling WMS users to make informed decisions on the fly.
API | Warehouse SEARCH
With this new endpoint, you can now search all warehouses with the option to filter by warehouse ID, name, type or address ID.