Note: Please make sure you have followed the instructions here in order to set up your gift cards in Brightpearl before selling them in your POS store.
Selling a gift card in POS
- Scan or search for the gift card product and add it to the basket along with any other items. You can change its values if you’d like to, but make sure to only change the value of the free value gift cards to keep reporting consistent.
- Proceed to checkout and select the preferred payment method.
- Once the payment is made, POS will display a modal where you can activate the gift card. Next to each card sold, scan the barcode/QR code or type in the unique gift card code. This must be done in order to activate the gift card.
- Tap "Activate". POS will then attempt to activate the gift cards listed with the given codes.
- POS will then display the result of the attempt. In this example all the cards were activated successfully:
In this example, one of the cards could not be activated. The related message asks the user to activate the card manually in Voucherify:
- Any activated gift cards are immediately available to use. POS will complete the sale and submit it to Brightpearl.
- On the printed receipt, you will see the items sold as gift cards.