With Demand Planner, you can create and purchase orders based on replenishment suggestions. A typical purchase order workflow involves the following steps:
- Create a new purchase order either from the Replenishment or Purchase order screen in Demand Planner
- Add items and save the order choosing to send to the backoffice
- In the backoffice, receive items (fully or partially) as and when they arrive
Any changes made to your purchase order will update the on-order quantities and replenishment suggestions for the corresponding SKUs. Purchase orders in the 'Draft' status (and not sent to the backoffice) will not be considered on order.
You can create purchase orders directly from the Replenishment screen. Select New purchase order at the bottom of the page. Then select the vendor and search for/add variants or choose to 'add all replenishable variants' or just those with a 'non-zero replenishment', i.e. those that need ordering.
Alternatively, review the suggestions in the Replenishment screen. Optionally apply a filter, then select all or a selection of variants. and click New PO for variants.
In a new purchase order, click 'Switch to Advanced Mode' to see all vendor and PO detail. The data from the vendor record is filled out automatically.
Be aware that certain fields populated in Advanced Mode will not be reflected in Brightpearl's backoffice:
- The order ID is generated automatically in the backoffice, as such any reference entered manually in Demand Planner will not be reflected against the order in Brightpearl
- The created date will be the day the order was created and cannot be overwritten
- Payment due date is calculated using the vendor's credit terms
- The order status will be the 'new purchase order' status as configured in Brightpearl's purchase settings, i.e. statues are not mapped from Demand Planner
- Addresses are populated from vendor and company addresses as configured in the backoffice
- Shipping methods are not mapped nor are shipping rows. It is recommended that shipping is added to the order directly in Brightpearl
Fields that are affected in the backoffice include:
- Delivery due date. This is taken from the expected date in Demand Planner
- Order notes are populated from the notes field in Demand Planner
- Order currency (the vendor's account currency is overwritten)
- Destination warehouse
- Order row details including quantities and prices (but not descriptions)
Save a purchase order
When saving a new PO, ensure the option 'Save to xxxx.brightpearl.com' is selected so that the order is created in the backoffice.
The order can then be viewed and edited directly in Brightpearl. Changes made to POs in Brightpearl will be reflected in Demand Planner, such as order statuses updates, changes to products and quantities and receipt of inventory. Orders can also be raised directly in Brightpearl and will sync with Demand Planner.