Demand Planner allows you to create purchase orders based on replenishment suggestions. Demand Planner then synchronizes purchase orders with Brightpearl back office. A typical purchase order workflow involves the following steps:
- Create a new purchase order by selecting + New Purchase Order either from the Replenishment or Purchase order screen
- In the new purchase order, select a vendor, destination warehouse and expected delivery date
- Click the Settings button to further customize the PO
- Use the Add Variants button to add items to the order
- Once you're happy with the order click Create
- To send the order to Brightpearl, click the Save to Brightpearl.com button - all changes made to the order from this step onwards must be done in Brightpearl
On order quantities and replenishment suggestions for the corresponding SKUs will update once an order is created. Purchase orders in the 'Draft' status (and not sent to the backoffice) are not considered on order.
You can create purchase orders directly from the Replenishment screen by select New purchase order at the bottom of the page.
Alternatively, review the suggestions in the Replenishment screen. Optionally apply a filter, then select all or a selection of variants. and click New PO for variants.
Editing a new PO
At the top right of the screen, select a vendor, destination warehouse and an expected delivery date.
The expected date for your inventory is automatically set as the PO creation date + the lead time. You can update this date as needed. Maintaining an accurate expected date improves the accuracy of replenishment recommendations. For example, the ‘sells out in first’ metric can alert you to a forecasted stockout that might occur before your next inventory shipment arrives.
There are several options which enable you to add additional variants to your purchase order:
- Add variants allows you to search for an item using the name, SKU or other identifying information
- Add either all replenishable variants or variants with non-zero replenishment amounts to add items associated with the vendor
- You can add a non-existing item but this should be used as a placeholder only. Any new products should be created in Brightpearl, synced with Demand Planner and then added to the PO. It is not possible to save orders containing a non-existing item to Brightpearl's backoffice
Enable metrics and fields
To customize the fields shown in a purchase orders, click on the gear icon to enable and rearrange columns.
Add additional information
Click on Settings in the upper right corner of the purchase order to edit the following information:
- PO reference - the order ID is generated automatically in Brightpearl once a PO is saved, as such any reference entered manually in Demand Planner will be overwritten with this ID once sent to Brightpearl
- Order status - the order status will be the 'new purchase order' status as configured in Brightpearl's purchase settings, i.e. statues are not mapped from Demand Planner
- Expected arrival date - this will set the delivery date in Brightpearl
- PO created date - the created date will be the day the order was created and cannot be overwritten
- Payment date - the payment due date is calculated using the vendor's credit terms in Brightpearl
- Notes for the PO - these will be visible to the vendor
- Vendor information including name, currency and tax code - this is filled automatically with data from Brightpearl backoffice
- Units of measurement (UOM) including enabling to round up or down, or disabling UOM
- Minimum order quantity (MOQ) including MOQ based on the variant count, the product count, or the number of units on the purchase order
- Warehouse to use for replenishment calculations and the warehouse where receiving will take place
- Vendor and billing address - addresses are populated from vendor and company addresses as configured in Brightpearl
- Shipping methods are not mapped nor are shipping rows. It is recommended that shipping is added to the order directly in Brightpearl
Save a purchase order
Once saved to Brightpearl, any updates to the order must be done in Brightpearl backoffice and not in Demand Planner, including receiving inventory. Purchase order information in Demand Planner will update to reflect changes following the next sync.