We recommend moving to the new and improved Brightpearl BigCommerce App to take advantage of new features and enhanced performance and resilience.
The latest BigCommerce App is built on the same architecture as the latest Shopify and Magento Apps. The benefits of doing so are primarily enabling greater throughput of transactions (API calls), increased resilience and supportability. The app itself is modular and components can be turned on and configured in isolation of each other.
The Brightpearl BigCommerce app is made up of the following modules:
- Inventory, prices, channel, orders, fulfillment, payments, and refunds
When installing the app ALL settings must be completed - Failure to complete the settings will often result in orders not being downloaded for and inventory not being updated. The connector does have validation for the settings, ensuring that everything is complete before exiting the app.
Prepare your Brightpearl account for the transition
To avoid overlap or skipping of order imports, we recommend the transition is managed as follows, further details on each step can be found below:
- Make a note of the last order that's pulled into Brightpearl from BigCommerce
- Deactivate the original BigCommerce app in the Brightpearl connector
- Install the 2017 BigCommerce app in Brightpearl
- Install the Brightpearl app in BigCommerce
How to deactivate the original BigCommerce app
- In Brightpearl, go to App store > installed apps and locate the BigCommerce app.
- Click the Setup button and log into the App connector using your Brightpearl login details.
- Click on the actions button next to the BigCommerce store and click Delete.
- Deactivate each separate BigCommerce account listed in the connector.
See the following articles: Installing the Brightpearl BigCommerce App and Configuring the Brightpearl BigCommerce App.