We recommend moving to the new and improved Brightpearl Shopify App to take advantage of new features and enhanced performance and resilience.
The new Shopify App has been designed to support high levels of transactions - giving you peace of mind during flash sales and peak seasons. It is also modular giving so you can pick and choose which features to install and configure, making it easier to understand and adopt new features when you are ready. The new app is installed and configured in Shopify to provide a more usable experience.
The Brightpearl Shopify app is made up by the following modules:
- Products, orders, payments and refunds (main app)
New Shopify orders and payments will be created in Brightpearl. Brightpearl products can be imported to Shopify to save time creating new product ranges. When a return is processed in Shopify it will be created in Brightpearl too.
- Inventory (add-on)
As on hand inventory levels change in Brightpearl the SKU availability will be updated in Shopify.
- Fulfillment (add-on)
When items are marked as shipped in Brightpearl, the shipment details will be imported by Shopify.
- Prices (add-on)
When prices change in Brightpearl Shopify will import them and update the SKUs.
Prepare your Brightpearl account for the transition
To avoid overlap or skipping of order imports, we recommend the transition is managed as follows, further details on each step can be found below:
- Make a note of the last order that's pulled into Brightpearl from Shopify.
- Deactivate the original Shopify app in the Brightpearl connector
- Install the 2017 Shopify app in Brightpearl
- Install the Brightpearl app in Shopify
How to deactivate the original Shopify app
- In Brightpearl, go to App store > installed apps and locate the Shopify app.
- Click the Setup button and log into the Shopify connector using your Brightpearl login details.
- Click on the actions button next to the Shopify store and click Delete.
- Deactivate each separate Shopify account listed in the connector.