This is where you will be able to find out more details about the features we talk about in our release notes.
We will continuously be updating this page with any new features released in the sales area.
January 2019 | API - 'Transfer' added to the Goods-out note SEARCH
This enables you to search for goods-out notes which relate to a transfer rather than a sale.
December 2018 | API - Order row DELETE
With this new API call you will be able to delete order rows. This means order amendments can be made. It has a few controls to ensure orders are managed effectively:
Sales and purchases
- Invoiced items can't be deleted
- When deleting a bundle parent it will also remove all components of the bundle
- It is not possible to delete only the component of a bundle
- If a row with allocated stock is removed the items will be released back into on hand stock
- A row with any items fulfilled to goods-out notes cannot be deleted
- A row with any items fulfilled to drop-ship purchase orders cannot be deleted
- No rows can be deleted on drop-ship purchase orders
- A row with any items received into stock cannot be deleted
October 2018 | Drop-ship filter on the sales detail report
Use this filter to view only or exclude any sold items which were fulfilled via a drop-ship purchase order. If you're using the deferred cost of goods sold option to recognize revenues and costs in the same period, this new filter will make it easier to reconcile your deferred cost of goods sold account code. Learn more about deferred COGS or learn more about reconciling deferred COGS account code
October 2018 | Scrolling channel menu
The channel menu now has a scroll which means if you have lots of channels you can now reach the ones at the bottom of the list.
August 2018 | Control invoice email address
You will now be able to control which email addresses to use on orders. With the new settings you can choose how to set the default email address (selected as default when emailing on the order) and the invoice email address, used when invoices are automatically emailed. Find the new settings at Settings > Sales > Sales settings. To learn more and see examples of which email address is used in different scenarios visit the support documentation
Changes apply to orders created within Brightpearl and will not affect the API.
August 2018 | Un-invoicing controls
Un-invoicing has been given tighter controls and expanded to purchases. Un-invoicing can be completely switched off a Settings > Company > Accounting: Options. When active, users will need the relevant permissions to be able to un-invoice sales or purchases.