An existing purchase order of any status, and from any supplier, can be copied to generate a new order for any other supplier. Once the order has been copied the supplier can be changed.
You can also automatically add an activity (task) for a staff member at each purchase order date to remind them to action it.
How to clone PO to PO
- Search for the original purchase order.
- Click the copy icon next to the listed order, or open the order and click the drop-down arrow on the Save changes button and click Clone to PO.
- If you want to change the status of the original purchase order at this stage, you can do so. You can also choose the status on which the purchase order is created.
- Specify whether you want the new order to be linked to the original. You might want to say 'No' if the new order is for a different supplier.
- Select whether the delivery address is to be direct to customer or to your chosen warehouse. If you choose direct to customer, this order will NOT set the order as dropship, this must be done from a sales order using advanced fulfillment.
- Click Clone now.