If you have the original receipt number or details about the original transaction then you can search for the transaction in the Sales History and generate a refund from the original transaction.
NOTE: currently cashiers only have access to the orders the historical orders on that iPad.
This will link the refund back to the original order when it get posted back to Brightpearl. If you don't have the original transaction details you can add a refunded product to the basket.
Products that are refunded are automatically added back in to stock. You can add a return reason to the refunded product that is saved against the order as a reference. If a refunded product is not available for re-sale then adjustments will be required in Brightpearl backoffice.
Refunding from an original transaction
- Swipe left to right to access the management menu
- Tap 'Sales History'
- Either search or scan for the transaction that you want to refund
- Tap the ‘More Options’ button at the top right of the screen
- Tap ‘Refund’
- Select the products and quantities that you want to print on the gift receipt
- Tap ‘Create refund’ at the top right of the screen
- The products selected will be added to the basket along with the customer associated with the original transaction and any discount that was applied to the products
- You can now add further products to the basket prior to completing the transaction.
- If you want to cancel the refund then click 'Create refund' at the top right of the screen
Adding a refunded product in to the basket
- You can refund a product in any basket by tapping any product in the basket list
- Press the ‘+/-’ button to switch the quantity to negative
- Press ‘Update’ and the product will now be refunded in the basket
Processing an exchange
- Create the basket with the refunded product using either of the 2 options above
- Add the product that you are exchanging with the returned product
- If the product being exchanged is the same price as the item being returned then no payment is required. Tap ‘Pay’ and a receipt will be printed
- If either the exchanged item is more or less than than the returned item, then proceed the to checkout screen by tapping ‘Pay’
- The difference for the customer to pay or to pay to the customer can then be processed
Processing a refund to PayPal Here
Currently refunds to PayPal Here require the payment refund to be processed through PayPal Here iPad app. The transaction can be processed as per the above process in Brightpearl POS app, but when the PayPal Here payment method is used to complete the refund, it will only create a manual payment in Brightpearl and not initiate the transaction on the integrated payment device.