Once you have set up your store you can assign your users.
How to add a user to POS
- Go to Settings > Staff / Users > List staff.
- Click on an existing user name to edit that user, or add a new staff member/user.
- In the staff member record, make the following entries:
Max % Discount: This will set the maximum discount that the cashier can apply to the basket as a total (the total discount is calculated based on the line and basket discounts have been applied).
POS: Check the POS box to enable the user to be added to one or more of your stores.
POS stores: Select the stores that this staff member will have access to via POS.
POS PIN (6 digits): Enter the 6 digit PIN that the user will use to log into POS.
Role: Assign either the "Cashier" or "Manager" role. See below for the additional functions that can be performed by a manager.
Managers and cashiers
There are 2 available roles when setting up store users. A cashier can access all the functions in POS except the following, which are available to the manager only:
- Authorizing discounts for cashiers and unit price changes (above their profile limit)
- Cash management actions
- Opening register and adding a float
- Adding or removing cash from the till
- Opening the cash drawer
- Printing or viewing end-of-day reports